GIFTS OF STOCK OR APPRECIATED SECURITIES
Gifts of appreciated securities, such as stocks, bonds, and mutual funds, offer an easy and tax-smart way to support the work of our Church.
In most cases you will be able to avoid capital gains tax on the appreciation, and you may be able to obtain a charitable deduction for the full market value of the gift, which could be significantly greater than the initial cost.
THE BENEFITS OF STOCK GIFTS
- May cost less than a cash gift.
- May offer substantial tax benefits.
- Can be used to make your annual gift to Our Catholic Appeal.
- Can be used to fund a charitable gift annuity that will provide you with a stream of income for life.
- Can be used to fund an endowment that provides everlasting support for the work of the Church.
- May qualify for membership in the Vivos Christi Society if used to fund a charitable gift annuity or included as part of a gift to the Church through a will.
HOW TO GIVE A GIFT OF STOCK
To direct a gift of stock via DTC, please download the following document (Adobe® Reader required):
To transfer a stock certificate, please download the following documents (Adobe® Reader required):
For more information, please contact Aime Rojas at The Catholic Foundation of Central Florida, Inc., (407) 246-4843.