SUPPORT OUR DIOCESAN MINISTRIES
Just as Jesus labored in the Father’s vineyard by teaching and healing, we too are called to participate in God’s work by serving one another. Through our diocesan ministries we partner with parishes to form compassionate lay ministers and knowledgeable catechists; offer family enrichment opportunities; support lifelong faith formation; reach out to college students; and bring the love of Christ to the hungry, the homeless, and the vulnerable.
There are many easy and effective ways to further the good work of our diocesan ministries through your gifts of treasure. You can make an annual gift that provides vital operating support for all of our diocesan ministries, or you may wish to leave a legacy gift in support of a specific ministry that has touched your life. Below are some important ministries to consider as you plan your legacy.
Catholic Campus Ministry gives thousands of Central Florida college students access to Mass, bible study groups, spiritual retreats, and resources that promote a Christian approach to relationships.
Catholic Charities of Central Florida provides food, clothing, shelter and counseling to more than 100,000 people every year, regardless of age, ethnic background, or religion. Visit the Catholic Charities website.
Bishop Grady Villas offers a family-oriented, Christ-centered residential community for adults with developmental disabilities. Visit the Bishop Grady Villas website.
San Pedro Retreat Center rests on 485 acres of protected wetlands and forest that create a peaceful sanctuary for workshops, summer camp, or a quiet rest with the Lord. Visit the San Pedro Center website.
Gifts for Today
- Give now to Catholic Charities of Central Florida.
- Give now to Our Catholic Appeal and make an immediate difference in the lives of others. Your annual gifts sustain the work of our Diocesan ministries and provide additional support for outreach programs such as Catholic Charities and Bishop Grady Villas.
- Give now to the Alive in Christ Campaign. Your gifts support a wide array of major initiatives that will strengthen the Catholic presence throughout Central Florida. If you have already made a pledge to Alive in Christ, we’ve made it easy to fulfill your pledge commitment online.
- Give now to The Shepherd's Fund and provide our Bishop with a discretionary resource for meeting unexpected or emergency needs.
- Invest in Catholic values by using appreciated stock, bonds, or mutual funds to make a gift to Our Catholic Appealor Alive in Christ.
- Ask your employer whether a matching gifts program is available that will match your gift to Our Catholic Appeal or Alive in Christ.
Gifts for Tomorrow
- Donate a life insurance policy that you no longer need.
- Consider a charitable gift annuity that will support the ministries of our Church and pay you a steady income for life.
- Name the Church as the beneficiary of your retirement assets, such as an IRA.
- Make an unrestricted gift through your will to support the most urgent needs of our diocese. Click here for bequest language.
- Remember the specific needs of Catholic Charities of Central Florida, Bishop Grady Villas, San Pedro Center or another diocesan ministry in your will. Click here for bequest language.
- Provide everlasting support for two important ministries with a gift to the endowment for Catholic Campus Ministry and/or a gift to the endowment for Catholic Charities of Central Florida. You can make a direct gift of cash or stock, or you can include one or both of these endowments in your will. Click here for bequest language.
To love our neighbor means living for others…
Pope John Paul II