Donor Advised Funds
Flexible. Simple. Charitable.
Are you looking for a flexible, simple tool that allows you to manage and maximize your giving to support the causes that matter most to you? Are you interested in simplifying your annual and lifetime charitable giving? Would you like to make a single gift to support multiple charities? Would you enjoy knowing that your gift will grow tax-free while being invested in a socially responsible way in accordance with Catholic Values?
If you answered yes to any of these questions, a donor advised fund (DAF) could be the perfect charitable tool for you and your family!
Your Charitable Giving Fund
A Donor Advised Fund is like having you own foundation (without the hassle and administrative fees!) The fund is invested for growth, which permits you, as the advisor, to make gifts of income and principal to multiple Catholic or public organizations while you are alive. You can also name successors so your family can continue your legacy of philanthropy for as long as the fund exists.
The Catholic Foundation Donor Advised Funds can be set up with a minimum donation of $10,000. The fund will remain open as long as there is balance of $1. You and your family can add to the fund at any time with gifts of cash or appreciated assets (stock, real estate, non-inventory corporate assets, etc.)
- Deductibility: You may be entitled to an immediate income tax deduction each time you add a gift to the Fund. Contributions of appreciated capital assets avoid capital gains taxes.
- Flexibility: You can make one-time or recurring grants to multiple 501c3 charitable organizations. We provide a list of more that 200 pre-approved organizations. You can also recommend additional organizations for consideration (they must meet IRS guidelines and fit within Catholic Social Teachings.)
- Simplicity: A DAF is easy to set up and helps you avoid the extensive bookkeeping and check-writing that is often involved in charitable giving.
- Versatility: You can make gifts to your DAF using cash, appreciated securities and a variety of other assets. You also have the ability to add to the fund at any time.
- Privacy: You can designate your grants anonymously to one or all of your grantees.
- Legacy: You can involve one or more of your family members as advisors for your DAF. If you wish to create a family legacy of faith – name your children, grandchildren or other loved ones as successor advisors to the fund.
- Catholicity: Invested in accordance with the United States Conference of Catholic Bishops guidelines for Socially Responsible Investments.
If you are interested in learning more about starting your own Donor Advised Fund, please contact Madelyn Weed at firstname.lastname@example.org or (407) 246-7188.