Specific. Lasting. Impactful.
An Endowment Fund provides a source of annual income to a Catholic organization of your choice. You can establish a Fund with a minimum contribution of $20,000 which can be made with a donation of cash, IRA rollover, appreciated assets, etc. This donated amount forms the principal (corpus) which is permanently endowed to ensure long-term financial health and support our Catholic Community for years to come. Earnings from these funds are distributed annually to your chosen cause. A distinct benefit of establishing a fund with The Catholic Foundation is that your fund grows in socially responsible investments which are compliant with our Catholic values. Once established, anyone can make additional contributions to your fund in any dollar amount.
- Specificity: Endowment Funds allow you to designate to any Catholic organization, or leave unrestricted to serve the greatest need.
- Simplicity: The Catholic Foundation manages the fund and distributes income to the selected organization.
- Advantageous: Avoid capital gains taxes on long-term, highly appreciated assets.
- Legacy: Your Fund will continue to benefit the selected organization in perpetuity. Donors also have the ability to fund or supplement with an estate gift or designation in a will.
- Catholicity: Invested in accordance with the United States Conference of Catholic Bishops guidelines for Socially Responsible Investments.
If you are interested in learning more about starting your own Endowment Fund, please contact Madelyn Weed at firstname.lastname@example.org or (407) 246-7188.